My first race of the season is coming up in about a month! It will be the Helvetia Half Marathon, which takes place in Helvetia, OR, not too far from Portland.
I was offered a free race entry because of my relationship with Nuun, and I knew very little about the event when I agreed to run (and write about) the race. However, I just read a little on their page, and now I’m really excited! It looks like a fun race! Here are some of the things I’m excited about:
1. Beautiful Scenery. The number one thing that I look for in a race is beautiful scenery! For this reason, I often pick rural races over urban races, because I want to see green grass rather than car exhaust. Well, this race seems to fit my idea of a good, pretty course. According to the website, I should expect “breathtaking views.” Awesome. I’ll take it!
2. A Challenging Course. As runners, we know, that challenges are fun, right? You know that, right? Well, this race is apparently full of hills waiting to give you lots of fun and a great sense of accomplishment when you defeat them!
3. A Fun Finish. Seeing the finish line at any race is a happy thing, but I love it when the finish is extra special because it’s in a meaningful, fun, or beautiful location. The Helvetia Half is special because it finishes in center field of the Hillsboro Ballpark! Runners get to see themselves on the jumbotron!
4. Pace Groups. I have never used a pace group before, but I’m glad them as an option! Maybe the Helvetia Half will be my first try at using a pace group? It seems like a pretty useful tool to take advantage of!
5. A Good Reputation. The Helvetia Half Marathon has won awards for being great! That’s probably a good sign, right?
So there you have it, come join me at the Helvetia Half! The race organizers offered me a free entry to give away to a reader! You can choose between the Half Marathon option or the 10k option. Enter below using Rafflecopter!